11.24.2004

Songster's Survey

I love listening to music and I just had to jump at the chance to fill out this survey thingy that is circulating right now in my Friendster bulletin board. Thanks to the person who first came out with this.

1. Favorite Song Ever?
Oh too many to mention. I don't really know what to choose. But if I really really have to then it has to be "1000 Things" by Jason Mraz

2. Hatest Song Ever?
"Macarena" - how annoying was that?!

3. Name one song that you think only you have heard of and really really like.
If you haven't heard Death Cab for Cutie's "Sound of Settling" or The Shins' "Know Your Onion" then, dude, you're missing out.

4. Perfect Song for Sex
"Your Body is a Wonderland" by John Mayer or something from Maroon5

5. If you were to join a singing contest, what would you sing?
Air Supply's "All Out of Love".......muwahahahahaha!!!!!! Kidding...I can't sing; therefore, I won't enter a singing contest. ("won't" and not "can't on the second clause since not knowing how to sing does not really deter everyone from entering a singing contest. Proof: American Idol.)

6. What song would you want to be played in your funeral?
"Landslide" the Smashing Pumpkins cover. Billy Corgan's voice will be very appropriate.

7. What song would really really make you cry?
I like to listen to songs that won't make me cry, and I like to keep it that way thank you very much.

8. What song brightens up your day before going to school, work?
I have too many songs in mind, but I'll try to narrow it down to seven. One for each day of the week: "Hey Ya" by Outkast, "Stacy's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne, "1985" by Bowling for Soup, "The Remedy" by Jason Mraz, "Here Comes the Sun" by The Beatles, "California" by Phantom Planet, and "Boys and Girls" by Blur

9. First tape/cd you bought:
Tape - I think it was the Cranberries or maybe Alanis Morissette's first one

10. Latest tape/cd you bought:
Death Cab for Cutie's You Can Play These Songs with Chords
The Shins' Chutes Too Narrow

11. Fave song/s for your ex/s
"You Oughta Know" by Alanis - I don't really know though

12. Most painful song ever heard?
Painful, meaning I need to turn the radio off because it hurts my ears: "Toxic" or "I'm a Slave" by Britney Spears

13. Favorite Gospel Song
"Amazing Grace" (?) - frankly, i don't know the titles of many religious songs. Is this a bad thing?

14. Song you want to be played on your wedding day
"Here, There and Everywhere" by The Beatles

15. Song that best describes your life
Hmmm...this is tough...I'll get back to this one later

16. Song for yourself right now?
"Let Go" by Frou Frou

17. Favorite party/groove song?
Does "Hey Ya" count? If not then just anything with a great beat or "Let's Groove" by Earth, Wind and Fire

18. Song you used to sing all the time as a child?
If you're happy and you know it.... and BINGO

19. What song makes you sleep?
Not to say that she's boring or anything...it's just that her voice is very soothing: Sarah McLachlan's "Adia"

20. What song would you like to sing to the one you love?
"You and I Both" by Jason Mraz