3.14.2006

i am so smart...S-M-R-T

d'oh!
oh homer simpson, i'm glad you're more stupid than me. i think being out of college...well, school in general, makes me less intelligent. my brain cells are dying faster than if i were drinking every night. i noticed the "degeneration" when i started studying for the GRE's. I registered with this free online test prep website since I am cheap and won't shell out money for learning stuff i already know. (I know that information is lodged in my brain somewhere. i just need enough motivation to dig it out.) When I took one of their practice tests....well, let's just say the results are not up to par. so sad. it was like seeing a grown man ride a bike after a long time of not doing so only to end up wobbling and crashing into his garbage bin at the end of the driveway.
i'm definitely out of practice. i forgot about half the words i learned for the SATs. i mean, seriously who uses inundate and specious in daily conversation? (go on...it's ok...you can go to wiktionary and look it up. i actually did a few days back.) i also forgot the quadratic formula except the part that has plus/minus and a square root. (alright you can laugh like you just saw someone fall off a bike. it's ok. no one's looking.)
if you ask me to take the GRE's today, i would fail. right now, i might only be smart enough to bubble in the letters of my name and to get my address correctly written. check with me in october maybe i'll make it past the block.