3.29.2011

books

I think the reason why I don't seem to finish a lot of things that I have started is because I do not regularly read books. Reading a book all the way through requires focus. This is what I'm lacking. (Well, that and the fact that I don't have motivation, but more on that on another post.)

I'm currently reading a few books from the library and Amazon (recently purchased as part of my birthday-month-of-spending; it's the only easy I can justify all the new stuff I have). I have to say I am enjoying reading these especially the geeky physics book by Brian Greene called The Elegant Universe. Fantastic! All the explanations and none of the equations. (Although, I wanted to see some of the formulas used. It's a fun visual for this pseudo-closet science fan.)

Back to my main point. Since books offer more focus and commitment, reading a lot should decrease my ADD tendencies. Translate that into real world activities, and - VOILA! - a highly efficient and productive self.