12.23.2008

the playlist speaks

i am going to attempt to say what i feel about every song currently on my playlist (ie. all songs collected via downloads, CDs, and tapes). to make things concise, i've created a mad-libs-like way to say it all.

"song title" by "artist" makes me or reminds me of "insert opinion/memory."

(oh...and this is also a procrastinist's strategy to not start working on that portfolio which is due on january 9. and i also don't think there'll be epiphanies, but then again, i haven't started.)

let's start with 10 songs...here we go!

"1979" by the smashing pumpkins reminds me of my friends from manila.
"we're going to be friends" by the white stripes reminds me of napoleon dynamite...for obvious reasons.
"no tomorrow" by orson makes me feel like going to a club and dance like my life depended on it.
"ooh la la" by the faces reminds me rushmore and how that was a genius of a movie.
"past and pending" by the shins reminds me of my fourth year fall semester in uva.
"umbrella" (a cover) by the manic street preachers makes me think of all the disillusioned youth of the world.
"sister golden hair" by america makes me think of hippies and that scene from the graduate where dustin hoffman started yelling in the wedding chapel.
"dancing in the moonlight" (a cover) by toploader makes me want to lay on the grass and look at stars.
"vienna" by billy joel makes me cry...in a good way.
"wishingwells" by the eraserheads makes me want to live in a cottage in a forest near a meadow and a small chocolate river.