2.28.2009

playlist speaks again

so it's midterm time and so is procrastination time.
blogging while diagramming seems like a good idea. multi-tasking, per se...

next ten songs; same format: "song title" by "artist" makes me or reminds me of "insert opinion/memory."

"one million" by athlete reminds me of missed opportunities and wondering "what if?"
"blue light" by bloc party. i won't say anything until you listen to the first 10 seconds of it. that opening is soooo good: a soothing rhythm that reverberates until the end of the song.
"evaporated" by ben folds five makes me believe that there is passion in ben folds voice. you can hear the pain when he sings, "i poured my heart out."
"at my most beautiful" by r.e.m. makes me smile and think that there are men out there who appreciate the women in their lives.
"take me out" by franz ferdinand reminds me of any simpsons episode because it starts off one way and ends another.
"my girl" by the temptations reminds me of summer and gives me an overall feeling of goodness.

(it's getting a bit cheesy...yeah?)

"song for the dumped" by ben folds five is the best break up song ever. bitter with a bit of humor. "give me my money back, you bitch!...and don't forget to give me back my black t-shirt."
"in the morning" by the coral is really one optimistic song.
"c'mon" by guster is another one, makes me want to say, "let's goooooooooooooo! do iiiiiiit!"

and with that note, we fly to...

"el salvador" by athlete. yes. yes, we can start over.