4.07.2005

upgrade?

upgrading is never easy. they say all you have to do is follow the instructions displayed on the screen and in a few clicks you are on your way to upgraded goodness. yeah right! they don't say in that brochure that you have to download upgrades when you have files and programs that are not compatible with xp. it took me a day to upgrade to windows xp. i had to call my brother who was about to go to bed because my video card was all f***ed up. i had to deal with a screen that only displays half my icons in some weird 4-bit color mode. it felt like i was playing pacman (old school style) only it's not as fun. and i had to deal with that the whole time the windows security feature keeps telling me that my anti-virus software cannot be located and i basically opened the door to every virus in the world. i was really close to opening up my computer, literally. i still have to figure out why mozilla firefox is acting up. this is quite frustrating. plus, i miss my tab browsing!

man, after all this is figured out, xp better live up to my expectations. they're not that high either: all i need is a computer that will not crash when i open photoshop, microstation, indesign, winamp, AIM, yahoo messenger all at once. well maybe that's pushing it......